What you can do
Keep pressure on world leaders
The Ukrainian government is urgently calling out for three specific things:
- Weapons and non-lethal army provisions
- Increased manpower
- Humanitarian corridors for citizens caught up in fighting
By showing your elected representatives that you want them to act, you can directly contribute to stopping this war.
Support Ukrainians in need
Over 1.7 million people have escaped Ukraine since the start of the war, the vast majority of them women and children.
Russia has spent ≈US$60 billion a year over the last 5 years on its military, as opposed to ≈US$6 billion a year spent by Ukraine.
After WWII we said never again. This your chance to do something in the here and now.No matter the size, every donation helps.
- Russian troops are committing war crimes: Thermobaric bombs have been dropped.Children have been shot trying to escape with their families.Six women have died after experiencing sexual violence at the hands of Russian soldiers.
- Humanitarian aid is being restricted: With each day, more families in regions with the heaviest fighting have had their electricity cut, and are being blockaded from receiving vital supplies, such as food and water.
- Nuclear catastrophe is a real threat: Ukraine is home to 15 nuclear reactors. Chernobyl, the most famous, and Zaporizhzhia, the site of the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, are under threat.
- Russia continues to lie to its own people: Young soldiers were told they would be on training missions. Families are left in the dark about the fate of their sons. State media denies there is a war.
- Ukraine is a democratic country: Russia launched this war on the pretext of getting rid of Nazis in the Ukrainian government. The President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has Jewish heritage, having lost relatives in the Holocaust. He is the head of a freely elected government.
- Ukraine continues to fight: Putin expected a quick victory, not expecting the resistance and tenacity of the Ukrainian people. Citizens are putting their lives on the line to provide key services and support to their fellow countrymen.
Want to proudly tell your grandchildren you fought for freedom in the world's first online war? Here are some quick and easy actions you can take from home to help fight for justice and peace.
Break the Russian Information Blockade!
Through Google Maps, Trip Advisor, and text messages to Russians, you can reach through the propaganda, letting ordinary people know what their government is doing in their name.
Get swiping on Tinder!
Use Tinder (or another geo-based dating app) and write appropriate information in the profile description. Be creative! Change your location inside Russia hourly.
Example profile: Hey! I like hanging out, getting drinks, and did you know that Russia is currently raging war against Ukrainian civilians?
Share a message with your friends!
The voices of people around the world are stronger than that of one authoritarian government. Raise your voice, post on social media, and let people know what is happening.
Example message: Friends, Ukraine is facing a crisis that threatens to destabilize the world as we know it. Luckily, there are loads of ways you can help. Go to Help Ukraine Online, help fight Putin, and stop the war!
Become an influencer!
Assist Russian influencers in using their voice! See the list of influencers below and comment on their posts with details of the war and what is happening.
Example message: Hey «name» I really enjoy your channel. You are probably aware of the war in Ukraine. Civilians are being targeted and people are suffering. Please use your influence to reach out to your followers and let them know the truth!
Be YouTube Sleuth!
Russian disinformation is everywhere! Help track down propaganda pages on YouTube and report them! See how to do it here:
Play a game!
An army of people around the world are helping to slow the output of Russia’s misinformation and harmful material through coordinated attacks on offending sites. You can even do it through playing an online game! Give it a go here:
How to flag content
1. Sign in to YouTube.
2. Below the player for the video you want to report, click More.
3. In the drop-down menu, choose Report.
4. Select the reason that best fits the violation in the video.Go on YouTube
Want to do more?
Join the IT Army
Ukraine is an IT hotspot, which is bad news for Russia. Thousands of citizens are helping to wage war on the Kremlin and its corrupt state security services from their computers. The best part is, you can join too!
Join the Ukrainian foreign legion
Ukrainian forces are strong, but they can only defend their homeland with your help! Be 1 of the 20,000 who have already joined the Ukrainian Foreign Legion and are fighting to defend the free world!
Why should I care?
This crisis doesn’t just affect Ukraine — it is a threat to the free world. With greater territory, Russia will only grow in strength. Russian planes are already threatening Sweden and Finland over NATO membership. It is naive to think Putin will be satisfied with just Ukraine.
Then there are nuclear threats on multiple fronts — Putin is already threatening the US and NATO with nuclear weapons, and who knows what he will do if Europe’s largest nuclear power station falls into his hands.
With your actions, you can stand up for Ukraine and the very future of the free world.Donate
Helping from abroad!
Inna Nelson, a Ukrainian living in Sydney, Australia, has helped to create a website that shows all the creative ways people can assist Ukrainians and counter Russian propaganda.
Stay up to date with Russia’s war against Ukraine via these trusted and verified sources.See all trusted sources